Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in dispensing medications and are accountable to the supervising pharmacist who is legally responsible for the care and safety of patients served by the pharmacy.
PTCB develops, maintains, promotes, and administers a nationally accredited certification and recertification program for pharmacy technicians to enable the most effective support of pharmacists to advance patient safety.
- PTCB Account: Manage your certification, change your password, or track Continuing Education credits.
- Apply to take the PTCE: View eligibility requirements and apply to take the exam.
- Recertify: Maintain your certification by recertifying every two years.
- Reinstate: Avoid retaking the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) by reinstating your expired certification.
- CPhT Connection: Check out the official enewsletter of PTCB!
- Career Info: View wage and job resources.
- PTCB CPhT Statistics