National Pharmacy Technician Day is Tuesday, October 18 2016 Pharmacy Team Photo Gallery - Send In Your Team Photo!
In honor of National Pharmacy Technician Day on October 18, share your team photo!
Take photos of your pharmacy team and send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Include your pharmacy name and city location in your email. We will post your photos on social media from October 1 - 31. You may also choose to share your photo on social media using #RXTechDay. Last year, CPhTs and pharmacy team members submitted a total of 182 pharmacy team photos
from across the US. View the 2016 gallery of photos.
Download Graphics and Badges To Share
This year, you can download graphics for your website, and badges/stickers for your pharmacy team to wear. View and download graphics.
2016 Technician Day Discounts for Pharmacy Technicians
View the full list of discounts
for pharmacy technicians.
More Ways for CPhTs To Celebrate!
Get Social: Talk about your role as a CPhT on your pharmacy team, and use #RxTechDay on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media.
Join Associations: Urge your pharmacy to purchase memberships in national and state pharmacy associations for technicians this month.
Special Pharmacy Activities
Make patients more aware of the important role technicians play in their health care! Here are a few simple ideas for activities in your pharmacy:
• Decorate Your Pharmacy: Let everyone know it’s National Pharmacy Technician Day.
• Create a Poster: Display a poster showing photos and names of technicians on your team.
• Coordinate Special Health Events: Set up an event to conduct blood pressure screenings or other pharmacy-based patient care services.
• Host a Party for the Community: Invite community members to come for refreshments.
• Serve Lunch: Host a special lunch event for pharmacy technicians and team members.
• Make Public Announcements: Throughout the day, announce on your speaker system the special day of celebration and specific names and achievements of technicians on your team.
• Customize Your Phone Greeting: Change your automated voicemail greeting or answer your phones with a greeting like, “Hello, this is Main Street Pharmacy and we’re celebrating National Pharmacy Technician Day on October 18!”
• Review Information on Medications: Offer brown bag medication reviews for your patients and showcase the importance of their understanding all medications they take. Print off resources for patients to take away.
• Educate the Public on Technicians' Roles: Set up a display at your pharmacy, health-system, or other practice location that highlights some key roles of pharmacy technicians and how patients can better utilize the knowledge of their pharmacy staff.
• Cater to Families: Hold a coloring contest in your pharmacy for children. It will occupy them while they wait with parents for prescriptions and you can display their work.
Read the executive message from PTCB Executive Director and CEO Everett B. McAllister, MPA, RPh.
Stay connected: Like PTCB on Facebook.
Join PTCB's Group and follow PTCB's Company Page on LinkedIn.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram.