At the test center, candidates are to provide one form of valid, non-expired, government-issued ID with a photograph. The name on your ID must match exactly as it appears in your PTCB Account. A signature is NOT required on the ID. The following are approved forms of ID:
- Government-Issued Driver's License
- Government-Issued Driving Learner's Permit
- Official ID issued by a government agency (state or federal) to non-drivers (must include photo)
- Military ID
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- US Department of Homeland Security-Issued Employment Authorization Card
- Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas Issued by the United States
If a candidate presents an expired driver’s license AND a receipt for renewal, but has not yet received the license, they will be permitted to test as long as the renewal receipt has not expired. If the renewal receipt is expired, the candidate will not be permitted to test. Temporary licenses are acceptable with all required elements (contains photo or accompanied by the expired license)
Pearson VUE test center staff will match the name on your ID to the name in their system (your name as it appears within your PTCB Account). The name on your ID must match exactly, with a few exceptions:
- A hyphen is used on one document but not on another. (Disregard the hyphen). Example: Sarah Johnson Wells OR Sarah Wells are both acceptable matches for Sarah Johnson-Wells
- Sara Johnson and Sara Myers are individually acceptable as the same person when compared to Sara Johnson-Myers, Sara Johnson Myers, Sara Myers-Johnson, and Sara Myers Johnson because one of the names, either the registration or the ID, has both last names.
- Sara Johnson is not acceptable as Sara Myers without an original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal documentation of a name change since neither name contains both the candidate’s current and former last name.
- Sara Johnson Myers is acceptable for Sara Johnson without an original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal documentation of a name change. If the candidate’s maiden and last names are on their ID, it is acceptable regardless of the order in which they appear.
- Names with initials and reversed names are acceptable
- E George and Evan George are acceptable discrepancies
- Evan G and G Evan are acceptable discrepancies
- Evan George and George Evan are acceptable discrepancies
- Evan G and George Evan are acceptable discrepancies, as are G Evan and Evan George