Multiple patients affected by allergic rhinitis will present to the pharmacy in need of relief. As a CPhT in a community pharmacy, and thus a key point of entry into the pharmacy, it is important for you to understand the condition and assist in making the appropriate referrals to ensure that patients in this growing population are properly managed.
Upon completion of this program, the technician should be able to:
- List the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Define trigger control strategies that may help prevent allergic rhinitis.
- Identify conditions and patient populations when non-pharmacologic options are appropriate.
- List treatment options for allergic rhinitis with consideration to special populations.
- Explain when to refer a patient with potential allergic rhinitis symptoms to the pharmacist.
This free CE is worth 1 CE hour and will expire on 04/04/2017.
View more sample CE courses.
PTCB does not recommend, endorse, or review specific educational or CE materials for pharmacy technicians; however, PTCB does share examples of resources for informational purposes only. Resources shared are in no way authored or endorsed by PTCB.